Ganjoni Primary School, the envy of many in the region, is a mixed Day Primary School. It is situated along Bishop Markarious Road.
The School was first opened on 10th Jan 1982 with an enrolment one hundred and twenty Children and five teachers.
Our School is now double streamed with a total population of 1000 pupils.
Before 1982, this ground was just an open playing ground for children. However through the initiative of our able area Councillor Mama Margaret Olang’ two classrooms were built by the Mombasa Municipal Council.
Ali Bin Salim donated the land. By 1984, more classrooms had been built through parent’s initiative. The school stands on a 0.2-hectare plot.
School performance index
The school’s first National KCPE exam was done in 1989 (14th – 16th November).
A total of 73 candidates sat for the exam. Their average mean score was 430.20 marks out of 700. This being the school’s maiden entry we say Bravo!
This year Ganjoni was ranked FOURTH in Mombasa District and was position TEN in the Coast Province.
Since 1990 to date, our school has continued performing better year in, year out. Below is the academic attainment from inception of the school to date.